Monday, January 25, 2010

M is for March Break


It was the day before we left and I was soooo excited. It was going to be our first time going to California, and I had been looking forward to it for so long.

That was in 2004, when we were about to leave for our condo in California for the first time.

We have been going to our condo ever since, and I am going to tell you about some of the things we do when we go there.

One of the main things that my dad and I do is play golf. The resort includes a famous golf course called Aviara. It is really fun to play golf there, because not only is it an amazing course, but it is also during our off-season so it is good practice. The course is designed by Arnold Palmer, who is one of the greatest golfers of all time, and is extremely difficult. I am very lucky that I am able to play at this course, and I am very privileged.

Another thing that I enjoy doing there, is walking on the beach. Every morning we take about a 30 minute walk on the beach, and it really calms you down. It is also nice to walk on the beach because we do not have the opportunity to do those kind of activities here. When we are at the beach, I enjoy running into the waves and swimming in the water. I also like to run around in the sand, and have running races with my dad.

And finally, another thing I enjoy most about going to our condo in California, is the weather. EVERY SINGLE DAY it is sunny, warm with no wind and it hardly ever rains. When it does rain, it only lasts like 15 minutes, and best of all, NO SNOW. The most depressing part of the whole trip, is when the pilot on the plane home says, "We are about to touch down in Toronto. The weather is about -15, windy and you guessed it, snowing". And then the image of that nice beach in California comes into my head, and it almost makes me want to cry!

As you might have guessed, I LOVE going to California, and when I am sitting at home on a Sunday night, looking outside my window and seeing the snow fall, I wish I was in California.
Life Lesson: California ROCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment