Saturday, January 16, 2010

E is for Emma


For all of my life, my sister Emma has been really important to me. Even though we don't get along sometimes, she is still amazing. My clearest memory of me and my sister was my first day of school in Junior Kindergarten. I was pretty young and I was really scared. My sister knew that I was scared, so she came up to me and started talking to me and saying that everything was going to be OK, and that I would make lots of friends. Then, she walked with me into the school and to my class. She said that she hoped I would have a good day, and assured me that I would have a lot of fun. Her comfort meant a lot to me and made that day much easier for me.



Emma and I also have a lot of fun together. I remember when we went to Florida with our parents when we were much younger. We had a lot of fun going to Disney World and playing at the water park. My best memories from that trip were of spending time with my sister. We now go to California every March Break and Emma and I always have a lot of fun together in the pool and at the beach. Even at home we like to hang out together. I'm sure when I am older, memories of spending time with Emma will be some of my favourite memories.


Without my sister, I would not be the same person that I am today. One of the life lessons I've learned by having a sister is that even if you don't get along all the time, you can still always count on them, and you always love each other. This quote sums it all up: "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there." (Amy Li). Emma has taught me so much, and I owe a lot to her. I'm glad I have a sister named Emma.




No comments:

Post a Comment