Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Norval Team Building Day

On Monday, October 19th, the Middle School went to Norval to learn about team building. The purpose of the day was to help the kids in Middle School work well together.

My team did a lot of things very well, and there was a lot of individual effort that went into the success of the team. A great example of the team's effort to work together was in the activity where we had to get a tire off a big pole. Every member of the team thought of a different strategy to complete the task. In the end, we didn't get the tire off the pole, but we put in a great effort. So, as I said, we did a lot of things well, but the thing we did best was working together and combining our thoughts and strategies.
Now of course there were a couple of things that our team could have done better. We could have done a better job talking to each other during some activities and helping each other out when we were actually doing the activities. For example, when we were trying to walk across the wire to get to the other little islands, I think people could have been communicating better with the other team members. In the end we overcame this by starting to talk to each other and we found a way to complete the activity. I'm sure we all learned that communication is important for teams to work well together.
Overall, the day at Norval was fun and inspiring. Out of all the activities, I think my favourite was the drum circle. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I was amazed at the great sound the drum could make. As someone who plays the drums, I was pleased that we included this activity. The only games I didn't like very much were the tag games we played when we first arrived. They weren't my favourite activity because I have played the games before, so it was nothing new to me. I think the Norval trip was a good experience, and should be continued for Middle School students and teachers in the years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Tommy! :)
    I think that your paragraphs were well writen and from what i read, it seems you put a lot of thought into it.
    keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emelie, Tommy. This is a good post. Paragraphs are well developed and you have expressed your opinion clearly. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete