Monday, April 12, 2010

G is for Golf


When I tell most people that my favourite sport is golf, they mostly say something like " really, golf is so boring", but I think it is a lot of fun. I this blog I am going to talk about three things: My life plan as a golfer, why I enjoy golf and finally, why I think everyone should try golf.



First, I would like to tell you my life plan as a golfer. My plan, is to attend Stanford University on a golf scholarship. I know, you're probably thinking "dude you would have to be like pro", but I plan on joining the CJGA this year. The CJGA is the Canadian Junior Golf Association. In the CJGA, you compete in a number of events, and of course try to win. Also this year, I am going to get a Junior Membership as a part of Clublink. Clublink is a group of golf courses across Ontario. After I am out of University, I am going to have to go on the Q Tour. The Q Tour is the Qualifying Tour, which is where people from the PGA come to decide if you should become pro or not. I will not be on that Tour for a long time though, because they will want me on the PGA Tour ASAP. As a rookie in the PGA, I will win The Masters, and become the youngest player ever to win a major. After that, I will go on to win more Majors than Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus combined. I know this sounds kind of unrealistic, and it probably is, but you know what they: SHOOT FOR THE STARS!!!



Second, I will be talking about why I enjoy golf. I enjoy golf for many reasons, one reason is that it is very relaxing when I play golf. Although it is relaxing, it is still very hard, but I know the pros make it look sooooo darn easy, but trust me it's not. I also like the game of golf because there is no better feeling, than driving the golf ball 200 yards down the centre of the fairway, the feeling is just indescribable. I know that sentence makes me stupid, but it's true and if you don't believe me, then you go out and test it out for yourself. Finally, my favourite part about golf is spending time with my dad. Again, it probally sounds cheesy, but it's true. Everytime I play golf with my dad, I walk ooff the 18th hole, with great memories with my dad, that I will treasure for the rest of my life. That is one thing that I left out of my life plan: spend time with my kids doing the one thing I will love forever, playing golf.



Lastly, I want to tell you why you should try golf. First of all, I think you wold like it. Just because you think it is boring to watch, doesn't mean it is boring to play. Kind of like baseball, I hate it. I would rather watch grass grow, then watch even one play of baseball(sorry Damon, but it's true). But I must say, I do enjoy playing some baseball with my friends. I know some of you think it would not be a challenge to play golf, but it is, and I don't kknow if I am alone on this, but I like a challenge. Finally, it is fun to play golf. Again, I know it doesn't look fun, but when your playing it, it is really enjoyable and exciting.



That is why I love the gae of golf and want to play it for the rest of my life. Someday I hope you all will try golf, and find out that it is a great sport.






Life Lesson: Whenever you can, try golf.






I commented on Jordan's blog on Inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Tommy, I didn't know you enjoyed the game of golf as much as you do, and I think that you should follow your dreams, I think you can do it!
    And when it comes to starting off your post with some opening sentences I think they are great without saying "In this blog I am going to tell you about.."
    But anyways, I think your blog was fantastic, and well written!
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete